Friday, September 5, 2014

The Solo GPC Patreon is live!


After much cogitating, I've taken a small step into the world of crowdfunding with the launch of my Solo GPC Patreon campaign.

If you're unfamiliar with how Patreon works, it's essentially a way to crowdfund ongoing creative work. Each backer pledges a certain amount of money per "unit" - in my case, any time I post a Solo GPC report. The cool thing about Patreon is that you can set a monthly limit, so it's easy to budget how much you want to contribute.

I explain more on the Patreon page linked above, but briefly: I'm going with Patreon because I feel like it's a great way to incentivize getting my Solo GPC series finished up, plus I can use the money to help produce a slick and professional free PDF of the complete chronicle once it's done.

As I mention in my Patreon video, each Solo GPC post averages about 7,000 words a piece. At the $5.00 pledge level, that comes out to about 14 cents a word, which is a pretty good deal, and a fair writing rate to boot. I'm anticipating getting out about two posts a month.

So if you want to see more Solo GPC posts on this blog and fund the creation of a quality gaming artifact, please consider funding the campaign.

Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...