Saturday, March 22, 2014

March Madness Non-D&D Blog Challenge: Day Twenty-Two

What is the most gonzo kitchen sink RPG you ever played? How was it?

Yeah, I think that would have to be Rifts. Although, frankly, I don't think it's quite as kitchen sink as popular wisdom holds. Don't get me wrong - it's pretty damn gonzo. But I think Gamma World (which I owned in its 3rd edition incarnation but never played) is way more gonzo/kitchen-sink than Rifts, just to cite one example.

On the other hand, a typical adventure can easily find a titan-sized Cyber-Knight, a teenaged Mystic, and partial cyborg Headhunter working for a secret godling to help smuggle mutant animals out of the breeding pens of Texas Nazis, so maybe my blasé attitude is simply due to long-term exposure to the effects of Rifts. . .

Ramon Perez nails it again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...