Friday, March 14, 2014

March Madness Non-D&D Blog Challenge: Day Fourteen

What historical or cultural RPG have you enjoyed most? Give details.

Ever since I can remember, I've been a big history nerd. Hell, I've got a degree in the field, and I've even done some quasi-academic work based off of said degree. So it's only natural that I've long wanted to do a "pure" historical campaign. Unfortunately, a combination of lack of interest and bad timing have so far prevented that.

I've owned this damn book for 22 years, and I keep saying to myself, "Some day..."
Even as recently as late last year, I thought I was going to make it happen with a Viking Rus' merchant-raider campaign I'd cooked up to use with the Legend system, but I got hung up with trying to set up the virtual tabletop (this was going to be played with my weekly Google+ group) and the technical difficulties I encountered sort of sucked up all my momentum. So that's on the backburner for now. Hopefully I'll get another crack at it soonish, but it's just the latest in a long string of "nearly-rans" that fall under the "historical RPG" umbrella.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...