Sunday, February 23, 2014

Just When I Thought I Was Out


Participating in the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop has been a lot of fun. It's the first time I've done a blogging challenge here at The RPG Corner, and it's really revitalized my interest in blogging more regularly. Plus, who doesn't like to bloviate about themselves for 28 days straight?

Having said all that, I was looking forward to the end of the challenge, as it's gotten in the way of other posts I want to write. I'm itching to get back to my Gray Box Project posts, for example, and I've got a passel of posts sitting in my Drafts folder, half-finished, on a variety of other topics.

I say I was looking forward (as in past tense), as it now (as in future tense) looks like I'm going to be a sucker and participate in yet another month-long blogging challenge as soon as this one ends. The new challenge comes via the Tomb of Tendankhamen blog, which mixes fantastic content with headache-inducing graphics in a way rarely seen in this day and age.

Seriously, though, I'm actually much more interested in this upcoming challenge, as it explicitly deals with non-D&D RPGs, which are much more my cup of tea and pretty much always have been. If you've been reading along with the current Blog Hop posts, you might have noted that most of my stories are rooted in games played 20-plus years in the past. That's because the halcyon days of D&D are long behind me (despite the fact that I'm currently running an AD&D 2e campaign); hopefully next month's challenge will provide an opportunity to write about some gaming funtimes that are little more au currant (in terms of my interests, if not necessarily in terms of publication date...).

And if it's any consolation, I have no plans to participate in the April A-Z blogging challenge. Also, I'm hoping to get some of the aforementioned posts up on the blog sooner rather than later. Stay tuned...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...