Thursday, February 13, 2014

[D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop] Day Thirteen


First miniature(s) you used for D&D.

I've written before about my lack of interest in using miniatures with my role-playing games. It's something I still give quite a bit of thought to, in fact.*

It's interesting, thinking back, to realize that I can't really say I used miniatures in a game of D&D until I'd been playing regularly for five years. Even stranger is the fact that we actually had quite a bit of fun with those miniatures, but in the end we abandoned the practice and went back to playing without figures after all. Some habits can be hard to break, I guess.

* It just so happens that I'm looking at using miniatures as a source of (at the least) visual inspiration for my Rifts:2112 project, but I'll share those thoughts in another post.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...