Thursday, February 27, 2014

[D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop] Day Twenty-Seven


If you had to do it all over again, would you do anything different when you first started gaming?


Every once in a while you run across someone who claims they have "no regrets" about the past. I've never really bought that.

Having said that, at this point looking back, I can't really say I have any regrets about how I got into gaming. It was frustrating as hell, with a lot of little things adding up to it taking literally years before I started a regular group - and even then it only being me and one other person for another couple years - but I forged a lifelong friendship with that person. And I learned a hell of a lot about gaming in the course of having to rely on myself to make it happen.

I guess the only real regret I have is that, throughout high school, I slavishly stuck to a schedule of one game a week, even though I probably could've been getting in a lot more sessions (lord knows I had the time!). But then again, it's not like the quality of the gaming was really that fantastic. Fun, absolutely. But not as all-around satisfying as the gaming I'm experiencing today. It's a bit like looking back on adolescence and wishing I'd eaten more hot dogs.

So in the end? No regrets!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...