Saturday, February 22, 2014

[D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop] Day Twenty-Two


First D&D-based novel you ever read (Dragonlance Trilogy, Realms novels, etc.)

This one's easy, as I've never really been able to make a go of game fiction. I'm not even a big fan of the short interludes in World of Darkness books. I tried to read the Dragonlance Chronicles trilogy once, and I think I got about 50 pages in and that was it. (And I'm not even necessarily as virulently anti-Dragonlance as some.) I think the closest I came was reading a short story anthology of Ravenloft-related fiction once.

I'm no literary snob, and I've read my share of trash fiction and enjoyed it. I think what it comes down to is, at the end of the day, if I'm spending imaginary time in D&D-space, I'd rather be taking an active role in telling the story.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...