Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Talkin' Pendragon

Art by the incomparable Alan Lee
I should probably hype my gaming podcast a bit more on this blog. At any rate, the latest episode, which dropped yesterday, is a "system spotlight" on King Arthur Pendragon. My eminent co-host and I discuss the game's many charms, dispel some myths, and try and address some of its shortcomings as well (which is kinda tough when you're a drooling fanboy like I am, but I gave it my best shot).

The posting rate I'd hoped to hit this year with my Solo GPC write-ups has turned out to be a bit optimistic, but they'll continue to trickle out at a steady pace, albeit perhaps not as steady as I (or those of you who remain loyal readers of the series) might have hoped. Keep an eye out for the next installment going up sometime between now and this time next week!

One of the reasons why my write-ups have suffered a bit is because I'm busily prepping to start running the Great Pendragon Campaign for my regular Sunday group! We'll have four players, which I think is a perfect number for such an undertaking, and Des, having played through the GPC already (see previous paragraph) is going to co-GM the campaign with me, playing the adversary. I'm tremendously excited about all of this, and will be sharing this venture via audio rather than the written word through the medium of my group's actual play podcast.

Lastly, if you're a fan of KAP and haven't checked out the FREE Dragons of Britain fanzine, do yourself a favor and hop on over to download Issue One immediately. I'll be submitting an article for Issue Two, which should be out later this year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...