Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pendragon Actual Play and Other Miscellania

I was pleased to see this humble blog included on the Dyvers Great Blog Roll Call, and without any cash changing hands, no less! Seriously, though, what an honor to be included among so many great blogs, many of which I was unfamiliar with. I'll be updating my reading list this week, no doubt about that.

This blog's entry noted that it's been dark since November 18, so I figured I should get off my butt and actually try and maintain my Herculean posting rate of approximately 2.5 entries a month and get some content up for December.

Ah, but how's this for weaselly entry? A link to another one of my blogs! If you're not a regular fan of my actual play feed, I take no offense, but I know a lot of the readership here are fans of my Pendragon write-ups and might like to hear me running a game for a proper group. I've had a couple players unfamiliar with KAP request that I run a demo of the system, and that is just what I'm currently doing. Character creation for three-quarters of the participants and the first year's scenario were run tonight, and the results can be found here.

I'm planning on just running two game years - enough to give the group a sampling of how the mechanics of the game work, and a glimpse of the glories that can be attained via longer-form campaigning in the mode of the Great Pendragon Campaign. I hope very much to run that weighty tome for my Sunday group at some point; an actual play recording of the whole thing will certainly accompany the venture.

And don't fret, you fans of the Solo GPC write-ups: new posts are resuming this week, and I've written enough of a backlog to hopefully keep the posts going on a weekly basis until we're done.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...