Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's My Planet, Motherfucker (Soundtrack, That Is)

"Master of the Seas" by Rafael Gallur
Jack Shear at Tales of the Grotesque and Dungeonesque has put together a wonderfully trashy post-apoclyptic/grindhouse setting called Planet Motherfucker. (Even better is that he had the good taste and consideration to provide stats [what few there are] for Savage Worlds, one of my systems du jour.)

My copy is yet to arrive from Lulu, but I've gotten a pretty good vibe for the setting from the series of posts that preceded publication. And now there's a bit of a bandwagon going on with putting together "music from and inspired by," as it were. Not only can I hardly resist a bandwagon, I really can't resist the opportunity to throw a soundtrack together. Since Jack's "official" soundtrack covers psychobilly and horror-punk pretty well, I decided to focus for the most part on garage rock and proto-punk, two musical styles that I think go very well with the setting's vibe and how I plan to run it. (I also couldn't resist throwing "Astro Zombies" on there in honor of its runner-up status on the OST.)

1. "Blue's Theme" Davie Allan & The Arrows
2. "Fun House" The Stooges
3. "10 Years After World War 4" Man Or Astro-man?
4. "Demolicion" Los Saicos
5. "Sweet Little Hi-Fi" Pussy Galore
6. "One Step Beyond (Fear)" Harry Lubin Orchestra
7. "Strychnine" The Sonics
8. "The Human Being Lawn Mower" The MC5
9. "Sadist 69" Satan's Satyrs
10. "Satan's Theme" The Challengers
11. "Have Love Will Travel" The Black Keys
12. "Astro Zombies" The Misfits
13. "Stick Shift" The Trashmen
14. "Manos"

Now on with the show (in the form of a YouTube playlist). . .


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...