Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Think I'm In Love With a Game Company


This has never happened, I swear.

It's been a long time since I've been an unrepentant fanboy for a single game company. But I had one of those moments yesterday when I realized that there's a whole passel of games I've ogled in the past - The One Ring, The Laundry, Starblazer Adventures, Legends of Anglerre, Qin - that are all made by the same company. Holy cats!

They've even got games I'm ogling that haven't even come out yet. A dedicated retro-pulp sci-fi RPG? Where have you been all my life? And then the final nail in the coffin came courtesy of the announcement (which I'd sort of forgotten about until I was browsing the Cubicle 7 website yesterday) that Joe Dever had taken his Lone Wolf license away from Mongoose (finally!) and taken it to C7. So hopefully we'll see a proper, kick-ass Lone Wolf RPG before long. (Or should I say a proper English-language LWRPG - the French already have one.)

I recently picked up Legends of Anglerre with an eye towards working up a FATE conversion of Uresia: Grave of Heaven. It is therefore the first Cubicle 7 game in my collection. I can't help but think I'll be adding several more to my shelves in the future. So much for system mastery. . . but then I suppose becoming a drooling fan boy for a single company is, uh, sort of like system mastery. Right?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...