Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Seriously, What Am I Supposed to Do With This?

I'm not normally one to post about technical issues with Blogger, but this is just too much:


That right there is an example of one of the new kinds of captchas Blogger's deploying in the comments section. I encountered this little beastie over on Monsters & Manuals, but I'm sure it could turn up anywhere. Now, as I'm on a Mac I'm quite confident there's some arcane, finger-breaking keystroke combination I could bust out on my keyboard to produce that...letter. (The name escapes me at the moment; I'm sure a few of my erudite readers know it.) But ye gods! We are not living in Anglo-Saxon England, Blogger programmers!

By purest coincidence, I disabled captchas on this very blog's comment section just last week. Good timing! I'd recommend all you Blogger bloggers out there do the same. Just set comment moderation to posts older than X number of days and you should be fine. (Ninety-nine percent of my spam comes in via old posts anyway.)

Crikey. Time for another pic unrelated since my last one was such a hit. Uh...here we go:

Pic unrelated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...