Thursday, June 9, 2011

Virtual Busking

Believe it or not, this post has
nothing to do with Dungeon Crawl
Classics
!
Well, despite having weathered the Great Recession pretty well up to this point, and despite the President's reassurances, I became another statistic earlier this week. Or rather, I didn't, since my job was technically a freelance position, so I won't be filing for unemployment and therefore won't show up in any official numbers. But getting laid off from a freelance position hurts the wallet just as much (if not moreso) than losing a salaried position ('specially when your employer lowers the boom without notice or severance), so I've decided to swallow my pride and set up a little Paypal donation button over to the right there.

I've got a couple prospects in the fire, and have picked up some short-term projects that'll go some way towards alleviating the hurt, but in this economy I'm not terribly enthusiastic about finding something steadier in anything like a timely fashion. So if you've enjoyed parts or all of the content of this blog in the past I'd appreciate whatever you can share as it will go towards my ongoing efforts of not to getting my nuts crushed in the gears of capitalism.

On the upside, suddenly finding myself with more time on my hands is going to afford me the time I need to get back into the swing of my usual semi-regular posting. So you can look forward to a resumption of my Forgotten Realms project, more Pendragon session reports, and the usual various and sundry musings, albeit perhaps now delivered in a garbled, hobo-esque ranting style.

At any rate, I'll leave you for now with this bit of wisdom from the old master...
"I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...