Sunday, December 26, 2010

Xmas Gaming Frenzy

I've never done this much gaming over a holiday weekend. Most of it has come in the form of boardgaming, specifically Settlers of Catan. Des and I made the mistake of turning my family onto the game and we have created monsters. Thursday it was Settlers with my aunt and uncle, Friday night was a mega six-person game with my aunt, uncle, and parents, and Saturday was Settlers with my parents. Today, following up on my recent resolution to resurrect my "other" hobby, I played my first miniatures game in well over a year-and-a-half (my Undead versus Des's Amazons) and had an absolute blast. (Pictures and battle report coming sometime this week, hopefully.)

All the same, I'm a little "diced out" right now. Time to take a couple days to relax and focus on non-gaming stuff before jumping back into the Pendragon campaign (of which I'm two session reports behind - sorry!) and (hopefully) more minis games. Of course, painting minis and writing blog posts counts as "non-gaming stuff" in my mind, so it's not like I'm talking about that radical of a departure...

(Oh, and speaking of minis games, I've come up with an exciting miniatures-related project for 2011. Details to follow sometime soon after the New Year. For now, let's just say I've decided to drink the Kool-Aid, as it were.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...