Sunday, February 21, 2010

Donations for a Friend in Need

Hey folks.

I just want to take a moment here to address something that's come up in the life of a dear friend and fellow gamer.

A., who plays the inimitable Otterkin ranger Rumple Wumpkin in my D&D Wilderlands campaign, was recently diagnosed with malignant breast cancer. A terrible blow under any circumstance, but one that was especially unexpected and devastating for someone like A., who is in her 30s and was, prior to her diagnosis, focused on building her own business.

As a self-employed entrepreneur, A. has now been thrust into the jaws of the American healthcare system with very little money to fall back on. Today, as I was thinking of ways to help her out in her hour of need, I thought of putting a PayPal donation button up on my blog. If you look to the sidebar, you'll see it there. A. asked if I could handle things, so donations will be going to my PayPal account, then disbursed to her via a check. If you have any questions or issues about the donation process, feel free to drop me an email at dlarkins78 [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll do my best to answer your query.

Gamers have, by and large, always struck me as a compassionate bunch of folks. I know these are tough times for a lot of people, but any amount--one dollar, five dollars, whatever--would be greatly appreciated, as it would go towards defraying A.'s medical expenses and covering for her lost work as she begins treatment this week.

Thanks for reading!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...