Sunday, November 8, 2009

Street D&D: Guerrilla Activism

This is one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while. Jason Thompson, author of the forthcoming King of RPGs manga series (which I blogged about back in August) recently took D&D to the streets. Here's how it went:

I am a method Dungeon Master. As reported by Laughing Squid, I recently took the next step in delivering role-playing games to a greater audience: running a live D&D game in downtown San Francisco on Saturday afternoon! Players were found (some of whom had never played RPGs before), we were out there for close to 5 hours, and the game was a smashing success despite a few incidents.

Incidents indeed, I'm sure. I know that area pretty well, and it's not unusual to have an, uh, eccentric person accost you even under the best of circumstances. Kudos to Jason and his group for having the guts to engage in some activist gaming!

(More photos of the action can be found here.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...