Friday, May 1, 2009

Rifts:2112

A proper name for my alternate Rifts setting/timeline finally popped into my head the other day. Since I'm setting my Great Cataclysm in 2012 and the game world is dated at 100 years Post-Apocalypse, that makes the default game year 2112. And so I hereby dub my take on Rifts as Rifts:2112. Although it wasn't intentional, and I'm not exactly a die-hard Rush fan, the musical reference is a nice touch. And although the parallels between the Priests of the song and the repressive, totalitarian Coalition have me thinking that I've already found my homage, I guess should also include some kind of a Temple of Syrinx somewhere out there in the world as a more overt tip o' the hat. Oh, and a wandering guitar player with mystical powers...

Basic Roleplaying is copyright ©1981, 1983, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2008 by Chaosium Inc.; all rights reserved. Basic Roleplaying® is the registered trademark of Chaosium Inc. All Basic Roleplaying material referred to in this post is copywright Chaosium Inc.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. and Kevin Siembieda.

All art is copywright its respective artist.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...