Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Fane of St. Toad

As I'm sure you're all by now aware, Dave Areson's passing was confirmed yesterday by multiple sources. In my earlier post on Tuesday, when his death had initially been misreported, I had announced an intention to run a game in Mr. Arneson's honor as the best way I can see of remembering the man and his literally unimaginable contributions to our hobby.

Amityville Mike over at the Society of Torch, Pole, and Rope has now kindly provided for all of us the means to do just that, a little dungeon called The Fane of St. Toad. Head on over, download it, and drop it into your next game, regardless of what system you're running or genre you're playing in, if not in whole then at least in part. For my part, at least, it's the best way I can think to honor the memory of gaming's Quiet Titan.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...