Wednesday, February 11, 2009

St. Valentine's Day Gaming Massacre!

Allow me to brag for a moment. This is why I love my girlfriend--we're spending this Valentine's Day gaming. Muhahahaha!

Now, we never put much stock by the Hallmark Holiday as it is, and the fact we're spending all day Saturday gaming is incidental to the fact it's a holiday. The occasion is that this will be the last weekend before Alex moves away, so we're having an all-day blowout of the sort that I haven't enjoyed in years. It's sort of a "Last Chance" gamefest, so the agenda was set by games that we all wanted to experience together before Alex's departure. So here's what's on the menu:

* I'll likely be kicking things off with a Mythic Russia one-shot, complete with pre-generated characters. Alex and I share an enthusiasm for Russian fantasy and folklore, so this will be a lot of fun, I think. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Heroquest system plays out in practice too.

* After the Mythic Russia game we're going to sit down for a rousing bit of the board game Arkham Horror. I'd picked it up a couple years ago, but haven't played it yet and Alex wouldn't leave until we had. I've heard of games taking up to 8 hours, so we're prepared to set a time limit so it doesn't end up eating up the rest of the day.

* After our farewell dinner at a favorite local Mexican place, Alex will be running an All Flesh Must Be Eaten one-shot. Des and I made characters last weekend based on Alex's setting notes; he'll be setting the game in 1986 Los Angeles, the glam-metal-soaked Sunset Strip to be specific. Welcome to the jungle indeed! I can't wait to see what he does with this, but it's virtually a shoe-in that we'll be using improvised flamethrowers made of cans of hairspray and Bic lighters. This'll be sweet.

* If there's any time left in the evening, we'll most likely spend it watching movies and toasting Alex's good health. Now this is how you celebrate Valentine's Day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...