Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Coolest "Game Wanted" Post EVER

I stopped by my FLGS today for the first time in a while. I was reminded of why I stopped going. Their RPG section is steadily shrinking. Last time I was there, they'd gotten rid of their GURPS 3e books. This time their "used games" shelves were MIA.

The staff are friendly enough, but the space is just too darn small and I understand that they need to prioritize space for the "sellers". And there's a sister store about a half-hour north of here that's four times bigger and much better stocked. So I understand. Still, it would be nice to have a well-stocked FLGS on my bus route home from work, as this one could be.

At any rate, the point of this post is not to grouse about the decline of my local game store but to praise something I saw there today. I'm not looking to form a group or anything, but out of curiosity I browsed by their "games/gamers wanted" cork-board. I love these things. Always have. Looking at the different notices, some so business-like and professional, others hand-written and riddled with typos... It's sort of like people watching, I suppose.

But today, oh my today, I saw this little gem:

Wowza. That's a hand-painted sign, folks.

Now, like I said, I'm not looking to form a group. And I generally don't care for 3e/3.5e/3.x/whatever, in case that's not bloody obvious by this point. But holy cow, I'm seriously thinking about getting in touch with this person. I should, if only to give them kudos on the most awesome cork-board post I've ever seen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...