Monday, June 9, 2008

Ken Troop discusses D&Di

Who's Ken Troop you may ask? Why, he kindly introduces himself over on the WOTC D&D Insdider boards.

Damage control!

It remains to be seen whether this will be the monumental cock-up that the 3e E-tools debacle turned out to be. I'm an eternal optimist, so I'm hoping they'll get things up and running soon.

Tim, our prospective 4e DM, is even more let down about this than me. We've kept the old group going via chat-based gaming (first using OpenRPG, then Screenmonkey), so D&Di seemed custom-made for us. I'm not sure if Tim is just going to wait on running his game until the virtual gaming table is up and running.

As for my own progress with 4e, I'm sort of meandering through the classes chapter right now. I for one like how they handled the powers, in the context of the game itself. There are some entertaining ones in there (I love the fighter's "Get Over Here!" power--I can just see him grabbing a wizard by the cuff of his robes and chucking him over his shoulder as he runs to shore up a flank.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...